Falcon British Nursery is an education service industry that abides by all the government regulation and taxation requirements. This includes any requirements for VAT. We will inform parents of any changes to government regulated requirements as and when they are relayed to us. The policy covers all times a child is on premises.
All fees as well as the registration form are required to be paid in full prior to child being permitted access onto the Falcon British Nursery premises. Fees for the child are due to be paid before the first day for the term being attended. All documents need to have been submitted and forms completed in order for placement to be confirmed. An approved place, along with the orientation pack will be sent by the registrar via email. Without an email confirmation, the place is not confirmed. Fees include term fees, doctor’s visit fees, app fees. Registration fee is at time of application. Fees for holiday club, uniform, stickers, services and bus require a separate application form. Fees are payable by term and not by month, week or day. Fees are allocated by number of days to be attended per term and the timings the child will attend.
1. Payment of Term Fees
For children securing a place for their first term at Falcon British Nursery, the registration application fee of 1950- AED needs to be paid at time of booking. This is a once off registration application fee and is non refundable. For children returning for the following term, in order to secure the term placement, the deposit fee of 1000-/ AED needs to be paid prior to the deadline of the previous term. The deadline for holding a place in the following term will be in Falcon Gazette and on DC App. This deposit is non refundable if you choose not to take the placement for the following term after confirmation payment. If you attend the following term, it is then deducted from the fees to be paid at the start of the new term when making the remainder of the termly payment. Deposits are not refundable or transferable to another term. Without a deposit, the place for the next term is not secure. If you have paid a deposit and do not arrive at school to pay the remainder of the school fees or take the place, the school will keep the place for the first week.
2. Payment of Term fees when starting mid term
Fees are not prorated for week 1 or 2 of the term for new students. Fees are prorated for new students starting from week 3 onward. Prorated fees need to be paid alongside a registration fee of 1950- AED. (ie: if a student starts at Falcon British Nursery in week 7 of the 12-week term, only the 5 weeks remaining will be paid). Unless fees are paid for the full term, students leaving the school mid term for personal reasons will need to re register when returning to the school. Taking a holiday / extended leave mid term will not be grounds for a mid term refund. If arriving back from holiday / extended leave mid term, please note that the place will not be held for children who arrive after the start of term and who have not paid their full fees. Arriving mid term will not be grounds for prorated fees for a returning student. Prorated fees are only provided with a registration application fee. Leaving school mid term for a holiday will not result in the fees being refunded for the time the child is out of school. Being ill and not being permitted on school premises due to the exclusion policy is not grounds for a refund. For withdrawal, the date of email requests will be taken as the date of withdrawal request. Please note, the school does not accept verbal requests and the date of the email has an impact on the 7 day refund clause of this policy.
3. Refunds: For Termly Fees Payment
- 3a. Prior to the first week: Students who have paid fees for the term and who withdraw from Falcon British Nursery before the invoiced start date will be provided a full refund minus an admin fee equal to 1950-/ AED as long as the request to withdraw is received by the registrar in writing via email before the invoiced start date.
- 3b. First week: Students who have paid fees for the term and leave Falcon British Nursery up to seven calendar days after the invoiced start date will be provided a full refund minus an admin fee equal to 1950-/ AED and the fees for one week of term attended as long as the request to withdraw is received by the registrar in writing via email before the end of the first seven calendar days from the invoiced start date of the child.
- 3c. After the first week: Students who have paid the fees for the term and leave Falcon British Nursery after seven calendar days from the invoiced start date of the child will have the full fees for the term including term fees and all other fees charged to them. Parents will not be refunded fees after seven calendar days from invoice start date. They will be responsible to pay the full term’s fees. Withdrawing at any time needs to be stated in writing by email to the registrar.
4. Refunds: For Yearly fees:
- 4a. Prior to the first week: Students leaving before the invoiced start date will have a full refund for that first term and the remaining terms refunded minus an administration fee equal to 1950/- AED.
- 4b. First Week: Students who have their fees paid up front for the year who leave up to seven days from the invoiced start date will have a full refund for that first term and the remaining terms refunded minus an administration fee equal to 1950/- AED and one week of the term fees. All fees for the remaining 2 terms of the academic year will be refunded.
- 4c. After the first week: Students who have their fees paid up front for the year who leave seven days or more after the invoiced start date will be liable to pay the full fees for the term. All fees for the remaining 2 terms of the academic year will be refunded. Withdrawing at any time needs to be stated in writing by email to the registrar.
5. Holiday club booking
In Summer, Winter and Spring, once a parent has booked a week, fees are non- refundable and non-transferrable. Fees will not be refunded if you are unable to use the week. Staff are allocated to your child’s week and subsequently do not have holiday leave allocated. The holiday club registration form, documents and payment need to be received by the registrar for the week of holiday club booked before a place is secure. Places are limited. Being a student at Falcon does not guarantee a place although Falcon students do get preference. Children are not guaranteed a place without the registration and payment procedure being followed. Children go on a waiting list if a place is not available and the registrar will contact them once a place is available. Fees are payable for the full week and not by day by day. Refunds will not be given for non-attendance or absenteeism.
6. Company paid nursery fees:
Most companies check with the registrar at Falcon British Nursery that the benefit paid to the employee for nursery fees is correct and that the child attended for the dates and timings the employee has claimed for. Please be aware our fees are displayed on our website. Once paid we can create an invoice for you or a proforma prior to payment as long as the deposit/ registration application has been paid.
7. Inclusions and Closures
All fees are inclusive of closures for UAE public holidays, ADEK directives for closures and UAE government directives for closures, 25th December closure and the first day of the academic year closure. Fees are inclusive of two team building activities a year which may require earlier closure. Please check your app for details. Fees are inclusive of any reason for closure out of our control.
8. Late fees
Fees are paid for the attendance time requested on the invoice. If attendance timings are 8am to 2pm (for example), the parent can drop the child anytime from 8am and collect any time before 2pm. Drop off earlier or collection later than the time paid incurs a late fee. Late fees are charged at 20/- AED per hour up until 6pm. Our school closes at 6pm. From 6pm staff are not on duty. For parents collecting from 6pm onwards a late fees of 50/- AED for every 15 minutes will be incurred. The accountant will send you an invoice for your late fees once a month. Full fees are to be paid prior to the start of the term. A completed bus agreement, bus payment and a trial run of the bus route are required prior to the start of the bus service being implemented. Without this and a transport payment, we cannot send the bus to collect the child.
9. Additional fees
Fees for curriculum linked school trips, services and other voluntary fees and taxes will be sent to you by parent app. Please ensure the consent form is completed and accompanies the fees if you wish to avail the service.