Practitioner Job Description Falcon British Nursery
CACHE 3 or equivalent
Years of Service:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
- To achieve the mission vision and values of Falcon British Nursery
- To abide by the Falcon pillars of safety, care/wellbeing and learning
- To be an ambassador for our school, early years education, eco education, EYFS and the UAE.
Children and Families:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- To plan and deliver a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs.
- To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
- To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
- To maintain a child centred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Admin team and management.
- To ensure good communication between staff and parent’s carers.
- To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
- To treat the team members with respect.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
- To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
- To keep records as required.
- To contribute to any quality assurance programmes.
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
- To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To represent the setting professionally at all times, maintaining the settings integrity and being open to both giving and receiving feedback.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the SENCO, Curriculum Coordinator, deputy or the principal.