|Training||Has a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Teaching qualification/ experience
||Committed to letting children try to do it themselves to gain independence.|
Reporting to the teacher and principal
- Contribute to the preparation of teaching resources/materials.
- Supports the cleanliness of the classrooms and the bathrooms in conjunction with the cleaner.
- Maintain a safe environment for students, staff and visitors to the school
- Ensures the nappies and toileting schedule is adhered to and that hygiene and dignity is maintained at all times.
- Supporting the feeding of children in the class and checking the children are sent home with the items they brought with them.
- Ensuring the children go home with a clean face and clean clothes. Inform the teacher if the parents need to purchase additional nappies, wipes, cream or bring spare clean clothes.
- Use the extensive space available to the nursery and ensure the children are not bored by being confined to one area for too long.
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear up afterwards. Safely manage the learning activities, the teaching space and resources.
- Assist in the display of students’ weekly work ensuring the work is displayed by Thursday afternoon and everything is sent home on a Thursday with the child including work from the previous week, any notices and the student’s weekly report.
- Communicate and demonstrate kindness and sensitivity with students to support their learning.
- Encourage good behaviour as per policy and procedures.
- Have high expectations for students and promote their self esteem.
- Respect students’ cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Be committed to raising the educational achievement of students
- Work with individuals or small groups under the supervision of the teacher
- Supervise students on school trips
- Never to leave the children unsupervised.
- Prepare all planned activities required for the teacher
- Help preparing class lists
- Record keeping and filing
- Produce classroom displays
- Support stock taking
- Support to staff on work experience placements at the school
- Maintain attendance figures
- Provide feedback to students and the teacher
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Support teachers in evaluating students’ progress
- Monitor student’s responses to learning and provide feedback
- Help the teacher maintain the student profile and evidences.
- Any other duties as directed by the Teacher / Principal.